OBASANJO RESIGNS AS PDP BoT CHAIRMAN

 FORMER president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, on Tuesday resigned as chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Obasanjo, in a statement he personally signed, said he had sent the letter of resignation to the chairman of the party.

“I have formally sent in my letter of resignation as the chairman of BoT of the PDP to the national chairman of the party as prescribed in the party’s constitution. I have formally requested the president to allow my bowing out and to issue a short statement to that effect.

“By relieving myself of the responsibility for chairmanship of BoT of the PDP, I will have a bit more time to devote to the international demand on me,” he said in the statement, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported.

He further said this would give him time “to give some attention...  CLICK TO READ MORE

Comments