Dagenham Acid Attack: Two People Arrested

Police investigating an acid attack on a woman in east London have arrested two people on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

Naomi Oni, 21, suffered injuries to much of her face when she was attacked in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, at around 12.40am on December 30.

She was returning home from work at a shopping centre in Stratford and was on the phone to her boyfriend at the time.

"When I first saw my face, I was shocked," she told ITV's This Morning. "I was angry that someone had done that to me. I couldn't understand why someone would want to hurt me like that.

"I want them to realise the pain they've put me and my family through.

"They may have burned my face but they can't burn me as a person."

The Metropolitan Police said a 21-year-old woman, who is not Ms Oni, and a 28-year-old man were arrested on Friday and Sunday respectively. They have been bailed while investigations continue.

Officers now want to speak to a potential witness who got off the route 368 bus in Lodge Avenue around five minutes after the attack.

He is described as black, aged between 20 and 30-years-old, around 5ft 5ins tall and of medium build. He was wearing a black jacket, a black hooded top and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1058 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Source
Yahoo News

Comments