Angelina Jolie's First Appearance Since Breast Op

Angelina Jolie has made her first red carpet appearance since revealing she has had a double mastectomy.
She joined her fiance Brad Pitt at the London premiere of his new film World War Z.
Jolie thanked him for his support, and spoke about how pleased she is that the important issue of women's health was now being discussed more.
The actress revealed last month that she had had her breasts removed after discovering she has an inherited genetic mutation that puts her at high risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
She said: "I feel great, I feel wonderful and I am very, very grateful for all the support. It has meant a lot to me.
"He (Pitt) has been extraordinary, just extraordinary. He's just such a wonderful man and a wonderful father, and I am very, very lucky.
"I have been very happy just to see the discussion about women's health expanded and that means the world to me.
"After losing my mum to these issues, I'm very grateful for it, and I've been very moved by the kind support from people."
Jolie's mother Marcheline Bertrand died from ovarian cancer at 56, and the actress' aunt died of breast cancer last month.
Her aunt's funeral was taking place in California while she signed autographs in London to help promote World War Z.
The decision to miss the funeral and be at the premiere was a show of support and reciprocal love for the man who has stood by her through this difficult year and with whom she has six children.
Speaking at the premiere, Pitt told Sky News: "I am very proud, I am. I'm very proud and I'm just relieved that, that is not going to be the be thing that takes her out.
"The biggest fear as a father is keeping the family alive and safe and together, and she did that for us ... I get a bit teary eyed."
He added: "It's heroic."
Wearing a backless, full-length, black gown, few could believe quite how glamorous and relaxed Ms Jolie looked, just weeks after enduring such major surgery.
One member of the crowd told Sky News: "She's a role model - not just as a star but as a person. She radiates from within. She's got a great soul and is a great person."
Another said: "She's a strong character. She's brave and she's doing it for her family. I'm proud of her for doing that."
Many have praised Jolie for making the prospect of cancer less frightening, following her touching and eloquent editorial in the New York Times about the decision to undergo a double mastectomy.
Her chances of developing the disease have fallen from 87% to 5% as a result of the procedure.
World War Z is released on June 21.

Comments