Vin Diesel almost starred in Marvel Phase 3 film

Vin Diesel is currently busy promoting 'Riddick,' but he's still found time to discuss the persistent rumour that he will star in 'Guardians of Galaxy' as Groot.
Diesel's proposed character is a sentient tree-like creature, who appeared in a teaser trailer for the film at Comic-Con and Disney's D23 Expo, but didn't talk.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Diesel remarked: "What can I say about Groot? I can say something about Marvel. I take my hat off to them for being so creative and thinking outside of the box."

Diesel then confirmed that he originally met with the company to discuss working on a brand new intellectual property, adding, 'It would come out in 2016 or 2017 and potentially launch the third phase'.
However it was the crowd's response at Comic Con in July that forced Marvel to force Diesel into their work earlier, as viewers were adamant that they wanted to see him in their universe.
Diesel stated: "With my schedule, it was almost impossible to imagine I could do anything immediate. I guess after they watched 'Iron Giant,' or whatever, they came up with this idea of taking the strangest Marvel character - or the strangest Marvel character that's ever hit film - and thought what I could do with that with motion capture and my voice."

He then concluded: "Now it's just up to my reps to allow that to happen."
Diesel's comments have left moviegoers scratching their heads as to what movie he might have been planning to make with Marvel in 2016 or 2017.
Was he originally set to star in Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' epic? Or was he interested in starring as a 'Hulk' villain or a member of the 'Inhumans'?
We'll simply never know.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' will be released next summer on August 1, 2014, while Marvel's third phase will kick off with the release of 'Ant-Man' on November 6, 2015.
Do you think Vin Diesel and Marvel are a good fit?

Comments