Lagos police nab most wanted cult kingpin

Lagos State Police command has arrested most wanted cult leader in the state.
The suspect, Oriyomi Balogun (aka Small Jopron) was alleged to have killed many people in Lagos and Ogun states.


Small JP, as he is called in the underworld, allegedly ran a gang that killed for a fee.
The suspect was arrested by policemen from Alade Police Division at Petit Street in Shomolu area of Lagos.
Small JP who was paraded yesterday by the police at the state command headquarters, Ikeja said he only killed two persons.
According to him, “I am Small JP,  I am the leader of Eiye Fraternity in Lagos.  I have been wanted by the police, but, I am not as bad as they are painting me.  The police said that I have killed many people.  That is not true.  I only killed two persons but, I am not regretting it because, we were at war.  It was like a soldier killing his enemy.
“Eiye and Aiye are always fighting the battle of supremacy.  It is either one of us offended another person from another group. Well, we fought with dangerous weapons, so, somebody must die.  I have only killed two persons, but my men may have killed more.  The police should not put all the killings on my head.
“What I want the police to know is that some of my members were also killed during confrontations. For the two persons that I killed, I had atoned for my sins because, I have gone to the prisons for the offence.  I just think that I am being victimised because, I am not as bad as the police are claiming.”
The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspect, said: JP’s gang was responsible for many disturbances and deaths in the state.  The gang was responsible for setting ablaze a house at Shomolu where a 62-year-old woman was roasted six months ago.
“He is the most wanted cult leader in the state.  We have declared him wanted for crimes, ranging from armed robbery, kidnap and multiple cases of murder.  His gang held sway in Shomolu and Bariga areas of the state.  Through him, we are hoping to get other notorious cult members.”

Comments